Sunday, August 5, 2007

It's a fake!


The real leaning tower of Pisa- with me holding it. Seeing the tower was amazing!! Something I will always remember.




















This is the Leaning Tower of Niles....not the real deal. So, I am working night at the hospital currently and I have been staying in the city on occasion. Staying close allows me to sleep the extra three hours that are lost in transit. I was on my way to at some really horrid motel when I saw the leaning tower of Pisa in the town of Niles, Illinois. http://www.vniles.com/ At first I thought I was just excessively tired and was seeing things. So after some much needed sleep, I went back to see the leaning tower of Niles. From the road it looks good, but when you get up close you can really tell how it differs from the one in Pisa. This one is made from concrete vs Cararra marble. I got out of the car to see if I could climb up it. I would have really enjoyed being able to say that I climbed the leaning tower of Pisa in Italy and Illinois. However, the tower in Niles is a water tower and not open to the public. Bummer.

No comments: